- Find a Doctor
The Community Health needs Assessment (CHNA) is a written report that summarizes the needs of WGH service area and how we as a hospital intend to meet those needs. CHNA is mandated by the Patient Protection Act of 2010 and requires all non-profit hospitals to complete the assessment.
Requirements that must be included in the report:
1) Demographic information about our community.
2) A description of the process and methods used to obtain the demographic data including sources and dates of the data.
3) A description of how we obtain the data for the project (surveys, interviews, internet, etc) and who or where it came from.
4) A prioritized description of the community needs as well as a report describing how and why we prioritized them in the manner which was used.
5) A description of the hospital or other resources that will be used to meet the needs of the community.
WGH then developed a strategic plan to address each concern. The program developed will be implemented in fiscal year 2016 as a way to improve the overall health of Warren County. The report is for the tax year beginning after March 23, 2015, which for Warren General Hospital was July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016. This report is then generated every three years thereafter.