Contact: (814) 723-3300
WGH is committed to Your Recovery
Warren General Hospital is an acute care facility whose function is to get you safely through the first phase of your illness.
Once you are well on the way to recovery, home care or transfer to another skilled facility may be in your plans. Here is what you need to know.
Take Advantage of Social Service Assistance
Our social service department assists, without charge, any patient or family who may have personal, family, or financial problems that arise out of illness. The social service worker is aware of the various resources for help in the community and will assist in finding a nursing facility, arrange for home visits, or locate other services needed by the patient.
Review the 7 Home Health Care Offerings
- Skilled Nursing: A registered nurse assesses each patient’s care needs and with the patient’s help, develops and manages the plan of care in coordination with our multidisciplinary team.
- Home Health Aides: Certified home health aides complement nursing care by providing personal care services including bathing, dressing, grooming, transferring and ambulation.
- Maternal Child Health Program: Our nurses make the first home visit 24-48 hours after mother arrives home with baby.
- Mental Health Program: The focus of our mental health program is to help the patient acclimate to home and community after hospitalization.
- Physical and Occupational Therapy: Trained therapists work with patients to help them to live as independently as possible following illness, injury or surgery.
- Speech/Language Pathology: Speech/language pathologists evaluate and treat speech disorders caused by stroke or illness.
- Enterostomal Therapy Nursing: The certified wound, continence and ostomy therapy nurse specializes in the care of patients with an ostomy, wounds, or incontinence difficulties due to bowel or bladder surgery.