Warren General Home Alert
Continued Freedom, Security, and Independence
What is Home Alert?
The Warren General Hospital Home Alert System is your direct link to emergency help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Home Alert will ensure that you receive aid, when you need it, in a matter of moments. Moments that may make all the difference.
With our easy-to-use and exceptional quality alert system, you can truly feel safe at home. Home alert offers fast help at the touch of a button, giving you peace of mind. Simply wear the lightweight transmitter around your neck indoors or out. You will have the help you need at the touch of a button, anywhere in your home.
With just a push of the button, you will instantly be connected to highly trained and experienced emergency response specialists who can send help quickly. No matter what your emergency is, someone will always be there for you.
Freedom To Live Independently
For seniors, individuals with medical conditions, or anyone with physical challenges, the Home Alert System lets you keep your independence. You can live at home feeling safer and more secure. You are free to go about you day knowing you are always in touch with someone who can help.
Sharing the Caring
When you can't be there for a loved one in need, our nearby Emergency Response Center makes sure help is on the way. This will create ease of mind and reassurance for you and your loved ones. Family members and caregivers also feel more confident with Home Alert, especially those who do not live close enough to offer immediate assistance.
Easy to Use
With Home Alert, there are no complicated controls or confusing machinery. Simply push the button on your personal transmitter or the emergency button on the console. Once that is done, a signal is sent to the Emergency Response Center where a trained operator will speak to you through the console. If you cannot be heard, the operator will send help immediately.
Who Will Help Me?
The Medical Monitoring Operator will call your home to see if you need help. Your Home Unit acts as a speakerphone so that you can hear the voice of the Operator. If you cannot be reached or you say that you need help, a responder will be sent to your home. A responder is a person you identify as being able to check on you in an emergency. It may also be an ambulance service or police.
1. Our water-resistant transmitter allows you to have service in the shower, where many in-home falls occur.
2. In the event of a power loss, the Home Alert System battery backup provides up to 32 hours of continuous operation.
3. Doyle's supervised transmitter is monitored daily to ensure that your "help button" is operational, giving you additional peace of mind.
4. Our system also does a "self test" once a week to make sure that the unit is plugged into the phone line and functioning properly.
5. Someone will respond to your request in an average of 45 seconds.
Why Choose Home Alert?
1. Our Emergency Response Center is available 24 hours a days, 7 days a week.
2. Our operators have an average of over 15 years of experience.
3. The average response time is less than 45 seconds.
4. We offer a transferable system for "snow birds."
5. Our system is offered at a reasonable price in order to fit your budget.
6. Our service offers hometown caring and commitment to Warren County residents.
Maintain Your Comfort at Home
To find out more about the Lifetime Personal Health Alert, please call (814) 723-4973 ext. 1835 or email email@example.com.
$25.00 Activation fee and $25.00 per month (Less than 85 cents per day). The cost of Home Alert covers maintenance of the equipment, home installation and instruction in the use of the equipment, and 24-hour coverage by the Doyle Medical Monitoring Center. Home Alert subscribers must have a private phone line, a modular jack line and a modular phone.
How Do I Get Home Alert
To apply, please review and fill out the following application and mail to:
Warren General Hospital
Attn: Debbie Gray
Two Crescent Park West
Warren, PA 16365
Home Alert Application
Home Alert Application (48 KB)