Family & Friends
For Family & Friends VisitingWe welcome your visitors and know that they mean a lot to you, but your welfare is our first concern. We have established visiting hours, which will minimize conflicts with your program of care and rest.
For the comfort and safety of both our patients and visitors we ask that the following guidelines be observed:
- The number of visitors for each patient should be limited.
- Visitors should be quiet for the good of the people they are visiting as well as the other nearby patients.
- Food and refreshments may not be given to a patient without the consent of the attending physician, nurse or personnel familiar with the patient’s current condition.
- Visitors should leave the room promptly when treatment is to be given. There may be times when the staff may ask a visitor to leave a patient’s room for a period of time. This is in the best interest of the patient’s right to privacy. We ask that you respect that right.
- Visitors staying after regular hours will be issued a visitors badge at the discretion of the Nursing Supervisor and IT MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN THE BUILDING.
- Warren General Hospital is a tobacco-free institution. No smoking will be permitted. A climate-controlled Smoking Shelter is available for use on the hospital grounds. It is located near the center of the hospital on Crescent Park (the river side of the hospital) and should be used for smoking needs.
GeneralVisiting hours are generally from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. depending on the condition of the patient. For children under 12 years of age who wish to visit, special arrangements should be made with the nurse manager.
Maternal Child Health UnitFathers, siblings, and grandparents have open visitation at the mother’s request. All others may visit from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Critical Care Unit / Behavioral Health UnitThese units have special restrictions and regulations designed in the best interest of the patient. Check with your nurse for information regarding visiting hours.
Our primary responsibility is the health and welfare of the patient. Staff always reserves the right to limit the number of visitors and the length of visitation if it appears to be in the best interests of the patient.
After Hours Entrance to the BuildingShould you need to come to the hospital after 8:00 PM, please be aware that as a measure of patient security, you must enter through the Emergency Care Center entrance. These are the only doors unlocked after 8:00 PM.
The Warren General Hospital Auxiliary operates a gift shop located near the cafeteria on the first floor. Shop hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. from mid-October until June 1. The hours from June 1 through mid-October are 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. The Gift Shop offers flowers, cards, stuffed animals and a wide range of beautiful gifts.
Window Box Café and Cafeteria
The Window Box Café and the cafeteria are located on the ground floor and open to the public and visitors. Each offers daily specials. Volunteers serve as waitresses in the Window Box Café during the hours of 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The cafeteria is open from 6:30 a.m. to 2:00 pm and 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 pm, seven days a week. Specific hours for meals are as follows:
Breakfast and Lunch: 6:30 am -2:00 pm
Dinner - 5:00 pm-6:00 pm
Vending MachinesVending machines are available with coffee, pop and snacks on the ground floor near the Crescent Park Clinic. There is also a cold beverage and snack machine in the Emergency Care Center waiting area.
For the Hearing ImpairedTwo telecommunications devices are available at Warren General Hospital for use by hearing impaired persons. Please ask your nurse for assistance.
InterpretersWarren General Hospital subscribes to an interpreter service, which can provide interpretation of several hundred languages. Ask your nurse for more information.